Scan-Trans is under an obligation to work towards activities that ensure promotion of the safety and health of its employees both ashore and on board the vessels as well as the conservation and protection of the environment.
All employees at Scan-Trans will attend frequent training cources administered by our HR department in order to achieve our desired results.
Our aims are:
- Ensuring a safe working environment by taking in the required safe guards against all identifiable risks.
- “Nil Spill to Sea” by the co-ordination of efforts of those ashore and on board
- “Nil Accidents and Incidents” by the use of Key Performance Indicator to
- Be in compliance with the applicable Industry legislations which refer to the Health, Safety and Environment protection.
- Ensuring the competence of the staff in applying of the required procedures and instructions with respect to the protection of the health, safety and the environment.
Carry out the necessary training to maintain the competence needed and keep updated all requirements and regulations – National/ International which are given within the industry.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the performance with respect to health, safety and environmental procedures through reviews, audits and follow up.
- Undertake Benchmarking of the performance through Key Performance Indicators on an annual basis and verified with external organizations providing similar services. Use the contingency plans to react towards emergency situations in a uniform and planned manner.
- Maintain, review, and improve safety and environmental performance year by year.
As a world-wide provider Scan-Trans will focus on its activities with openness in order to ensure that continued improvement through an open dialogue with customers will give feedback which can be used to revise procedures regarding health, safety and environment issues.